West Coast Launch Ltd.
Response to COVID-19 and Procedures for Crew Transportation via Water Taxi
WCL’s response to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation
Our focus is the health and safety of our passengers and crew.
This is a challenging time for people and organizations throughout Canada. Guided by advice from health professionals and Transport Canada we are committed to providing only our essential marine transportation services. This pandemic is an evolving situation and as such we will continue to adjust our operational procedures as required.
We are focused on providing a safe and healthy environment for our customers and employees, in order to maintain our essential marine transportation services. Hand hygiene combined with social distancing techniques are key to keeping our customers and employees healthy. We are asking all our customers to please wash their hands often and use the hand sanitizers located throughout our vessels and to make efforts to keep approximately 6 feet away from each other. To facilitate this practice, we have reduced the maximum number of passengers permitted on our vessels to 50% the capacity.
To date, we have implemented operational changes including enhanced cleaning processes, screening measures to determine a customer’s suitability to travel, and established isolation areas onboard our vessels. We have also reduced the availability of onboard services.
Please be assured that these changes and any future operational changes are being taken to protect the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the public that depend on our services.
Safety actions taken by WCL to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Reduced the maximum number of passengers permitted on our vessel to 50% the vessel capacity
- Enhanced cleaning processes
- Pre-boarding screening measures to determine customers suitability to travel
- Established isolation areas onboard the vessel when applicable
- Hand sanitizer has been placed throughout the vessel and is recommended to be used by all passengers
- COVID-19 best practices posters placed throughout the vessel
- Reduced onboard services
WCL Crew Responsibilities and Procedures
- Vessels are to be thoroughly sanitized before and after passenger transportation
- Crew to keep a 6-foot distance from the passengers at all times. If unable to do so for safety reasons, masks and gloves are to be worn.
- Inform the customers during the pre-departure safety briefing on the measures we are taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to keep everyone safe.
Effective Date: April 15, 2020
Last Revised: May 7, 2020
Jared Davis – Vice President